Jun 2, 2010

Doctor Visit

Though it was a minor ailment of throat infection, I did not want to land up with other 'special' effects like cold or fever. Though new to Mumbai, I had observed few doctor clinics during my daily commute to work. I landed up at one such clinic, the doc was a diabetologist ( hope i got the spell correct!).

My first question to the lady at the front desk "Does the doctor treat ordinary throat infection cases"? Yes! came the response. The rest of the visit was over in next 5 mins during which the doctor performed diagnosis, seemed more curious to know who sent me there and where I live. His diagnosis, body language showed he's a true professional. He asked me if I would want to pick up the medicine as well from the same clinic? "why not, I said". The front desk promptly prepared a small packet that had 2-3 types of tablets!.

That reminded me of our first family doctor Azeez Ahmed in Wilson Garden, Bangalore. After diagnosis, Dr Azeez would offer the tablets and some kind of liquid medicine, which was dispensed in dark small bottles!. He would personally prepare that liquid medicine, mixing samples from 2-3 large bottles.

1 comment:

Mahesh B said...

I remeber during those days there is use to a white boxes with labels in the Doctor's cabin. The compounder use to pour our dirrent colors of tables and make a small packs (small paper folds) and give to us at the end.