Sep 15, 2007

Lost & Found

Do you misplace something at home and find it after few days? Well,that happens to me a lot of times. At first it's all funny, later on turning in to frustration & disappointment. It appears some items get misplaced in the hour of their need and to re establish their importance. In my own experience it is usually the small, inexpensive stuff that normally gets misplaced. The above thoughts came to me as I just discovered a misplaced treasure..Remote controls of the TV & the cable TV.
These days sometimes we've gone a day without watching TV. So a day went by with the normal search without yielding any results. Next day,the heat gradually caught on and we finished searching all the other obvious places and it wasn't there. Unfortunately,the cable TV unit was turned off which deprived us of watching at least one channel. Our patience levels reached its limits on the end of day 2..we simply could not figure out where to search for the remote control...we had finished looking in all the closets(just in case they were buried in some other stuff,behind the window blinds,my daughter's toy bag,kitchen, etc. One hope was it was within the house and not disposed off with the trash. On the morning of the day 3, I got this strange feeling that I did not check under the sofa. So some exercise in moving the sofa,bending and looking down did not yield any results. One last elimination point was under the sofa cushions...which again did not help. I decided one last try and literally ran my hand across the tiny space between the sofa seat and the back rest...My hand felt 2 familiar objects and I was way too happy. So there it was...the2 remote controls tucked away in the secret location.

Somehow this is the most hilarious and frustrating lost & found incident in the recent past.I am sure most of us experience similar incidents in our daily lives. It takes sometime to realize that an item is misplaced, some time is spent plainly scanning the normal places and postponing the search. It reaches its zenith when the frustration limits are reached and upon finding the item, there is that moment of relief & celebration!.

No comments: