Jul 8, 2010

Food, Laundry and Hot Water

That's my basic expectation from a hotel where I stay. Given my stay at Mumbai for the last one month, the expectation is hardly met. I expect the hotel to have a decent enough restaurant, a reliable laundry service and obviously the hot water for bath. The other expectations are good decor, a nice television with adequate channels, comfy air conditioner, etc. In the hotel where I am currently staying, they charge over Rs 2,600 per day. The food is excellent, but the supply of hot water is non-existent. One needs to content with warm water only!. I am not sure if they have a plumbing issue or if they are going on a cost reduction overdrive. Any feed back, escalation does not have any impact on improving their service levels. I guess it's time to move on to another hotel.

Memories take me back a decade ago when I would travel extensively within Karnataka and Maharastra. Though I always stayed at budget hotels, they exceeded my basic expectations and made me comfortable!.

4 comments:

Mahesh B said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Mahesh B said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mahesh B said...

and Rajani are now addicted to watch this program Forbes Luxe 11 on the Discovery travel and living. It is an hour program that comes very Monday at 9:00PM on worlds costliest getaways…

Shyam said...

Similar experience for me here (Singapore). People are used to taking bath in normal water instead of Hot water. This is termed as "Bangalore people's behaviour" as we are used to cooler weather.