Mar 27, 2008

And he flew…………………..This post contributed by Mahesh

I collected the travel details and before I could confirm the booking I called Satish to share the details. We both were working together with a company in Hyderabad and we were about to join another company in Mumbai (together). Between the jobs we had couple of weeks to spend in our home town namma Bengaluru (Bangalore).

During those days INR 5000 + tax was the air ticket cost to Mumbai. And there were only three airlines India Airlines, Sahara and Jet. There were some Air India late night flights which were bit cheaper by 40% to 50%. Since that was my only second and Satish’s first visit to Mumbai, I preferred the day flight.

Looking at the cost, Satish had a different opinion about travel plans. In stead he proposed the travel by train. He also spent about 30 min on phone to give gyan on the importance of Money. Being impatient and being used to new lifestyle, I was NOT ready to travel by train and back in my mind I was thinking of flying alone. After 30 min of phone conversation, Satish was able to convince me to go with him by Kurla Express which starts from Bangalore everyday at noon and reaches Mumbai the next day by noon. And finally we booked two tickets to Mumbai and I guess Satish’s father only booked the tickets.

Then there was a big twist in the story. A week before the travel date, Satish called me from a travel agent’s office to inform that due to sudden developments at a work front in the new company, he has to fly immediate….. and he flew………………….

Now after almost 10 years, I really got an opportunity to express my Anger in his own blogspot :-)

No comments: